This project is read-only.

32 bit R on 64 bit OS

Oct 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Edited Oct 5, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I was just testing out the sample code (v 1.5) connecting to the 386 version of R on my machine (64 bit Windows).  When the code tried to initialize the machine would just hang for a few minutes then execution would stop without an error.

// Initializes settings.
         engine.Initialize();

Now that I've upgraded to the 64 bit version of R and made my own compile also 64 bit it works like a charm.  Any idea what the issue is?  I would prefer to develop with a 32 bit compile if possible.

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Hello Andrew,

To run 32-bit on a 64-bit OS, you must compile your .NET app to target x86.

The default target of AnyCPU causes your app to run as a 64-bit app

Rob

Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 8:37 AM
To: MCALLISTER,ROB (A-Spokane,ex1)
Subject: 32 bit R on 64 bit OS [rdotnet:398190]

I was just testing out the sample code (v 1.5) connecting to the 386 version of R on my machine (64 bit Windows). When the code tried to initialize ...

// Initializes settings.
         engine.Initialize();
... the machine would just hang for a few minutes then quietly stop.  
Now that I've upgraded to the 64 bit version of R and made my own compile also 64 bit it works like a charm.  
Any idea what the issue is?  I would prefer to develop with a 32 bit compile if possible.

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Thanks

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM, scubaskier <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello Andrew,

To run 32-bit on a 64-bit OS, you must compile your .NET app to target x86.

The default target of AnyCPU causes your app to run as a 64-bit app

Rob

Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 8:37 AM
To: MCALLISTER,ROB (A-Spokane,ex1)
Subject: 32 bit R on 64 bit OS [rdotnet:398190]

I was just testing out the sample code (v 1.5) connecting to the 386 version of R on my machine (64 bit Windows). When the code tried to initialize ...

// Initializes settings.
         engine.Initialize();
... the machine would just hang for a few minutes then quietly stop.  
Now that I've upgraded to the 64 bit version of R and made my own compile also 64 bit it works like a charm.  
Any idea what the issue is?  I would prefer to develop with a 32 bit compile if possible.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (rdotnet@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email rdotnet@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Andrew Gibson

Office:(479) 696 9181 * Cell:(479) 295 3196 * Fax:(479) 250 1005