I've built a simple interface in Visual Web Developer 2010 Express that accepts inputs, stores them in a database, then runs some code in R that pulls data from a database, runs a forecast algorithm and stores the result in the database.
Everything works fine testing from Visual Web Developer on my laptop, but when I try to deploy the project to the server and view it in a browser I get a Dll Not Found error. The code triggering this error is the code that instantiates the r
I have tried copying the r.dll to several other places--to no avail. I tried deploying the application to my own laptop also and ran into the same problem. So I can run it from Visual Web Developer to but not from anywhere else.
Thanks for the help!
// Set the folder in which R.dll locates.
var envPath = System.Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("PATH");
var rBinPath = @"C:\Program Files\R\R-2.15.1\bin\i386";
System.Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable("PATH", envPath + Path.PathSeparator + rBinPath);
engine = REngine.GetInstanceFromID("RDotNet");
if (engine == null)
engine = REngine.CreateInstance("RDotNet");
// Initializes settings.