This project is read-only.

Contribute

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Hello

I would like to contribute to this project. How can I become a commiter?

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Hi

Do you have any ideas or plans? You can also send pull requests to contribute this project instead of becoming a committer.

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Edited Jan 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I'm interested in running multiple instances of REngine in one process and throwing exceptions insteat of writing R messages to the console. Are you interested in this kind of changes? I will create a pull request if I find a way to do this. I've posted a question on stackexchange related to these issues http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14377149/calling-a-function-from-a-reloaded-dll-hangs-the-application

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Hi,

While I do not have a definite idea of the feasibility of multiple sessions in the same process, it seems at the very least not straightforward. See 8.1.5 Threading issues, in the R extension manual, for instance; the R mailing list traffic on related subjects also cautions against multiple R sessions in the same process (though I cannot reference posts right now. May dig this up later on.)
Don't let me discourage you however; at least the feasibility needs to be assessed.

Regards