This project is read-only.

Releasing unsigned build

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Hi,
I've been working on a plugin for the R type provider that makes it possible to pass Deedle data frames to R. It seems to be working fine now, but I had a couple of difficulties with building this caused by the strong name key for RDotNet.dll.

AFAIK, if an assembly is not signed, I can replace it with another one, even with a different version number, and it will load it. When it is signed, I have to rebuild everything to reference the specific version (i.e. I build my own build of RDotNet.dll to debug something, I have to rebuild the RProvider and the Deedle plugin - rather than just replacing a single DLL).

I think it would be really useful if there was an unsigned version of the release. I completely understand that some people might prefer signed version, but for the R provider, unsigned one would make my life easier.

Have you thought about doing this? I suppose the easiest way to get this would be to have two nuget packages - say RDotNet and RDotNet.Unsigned so that people can choose whichever they prefer. I think this would not make the build that much complicated...
Nov 7, 2013 at 2:14 AM
It is a matter to be considered. It is not favorable for R.NET to restrict other projects to the specific version. I would release an unsigned version at the next release. Please be patient until that time.
Nov 7, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Excellent, thanks!