R.NET 1.5.10 is a release towards R.NET 1.6. You are encouraged to use 1.5.10 now and give feedback: much testing has already been performed.
There are many major improvements compared to 1.5.5, many addressing issues reported repeatedly via the discussion forums.
See the documentation
for setup and usage instructions.
- R.NET binaries are now platform independent (Windows, Linux, MacOS)
- The REngine API has changed. While this will require existing users to adapt the engine initialisation in their code, this will prevent a lot of pitfalls for new users.
- Easier R engine initialization by default: R.NET tries to discover machine settings and R paths.
- Performance improvement in passing large arrays/vectors (up to 100 to 1000x faster for numeric/integer vectors)
- Improved error reporting and detailed error messages.
- Many bug fixes such as memory leaks, R startup parameters, calling generic functions, etc.
- Enhanced API for R function calls (.Invoke() methods) including support for named arguments.
- Limit the cases of faulty multi-threaded accesses to the R engine
The complete list of changes cannot fit here; browse the issues tab with the advanced filter options
Contributors, directly or indirectly, to the code for this release are jperraud, kos59125, evolvedmicrobe, Daniel Collins, gchapman, sukru, nakagawa_hiroyuki, JoeJoe