R console as a REPL tapping into .NET

Developer
Apr 15, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Hi,

Congratulations on tackling this work kos59125; looks very promising already. I've been looking for an interop library like this for some time.

I am looking at having the R console as the main means to access interactively into .NET objects, a bit like what rJava offers (though probably only a subset of the capabilities). Looking at the source code I just checked out, I don't see this as being worked on. Do you have active plans for this capability? I'd be willing to contribute if I can. I am confident on the .net and R side of things, but am rather a newbie on the native API of R.

Thanks,

J-M

Coordinator
Apr 16, 2011 at 3:29 PM

R.NET has neither a way to call .NET objects from R inside, nor a plan to implement it. But I think it's wonderful if R becomes able to access .NET library.

Any contributors are welcome to this project. If you'd like to join this project as a developer, I'll do so.

Developer
Apr 20, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Hi Kosei,

Thank you for the invite, I'd be glad to join the project as a developer.  Hopefully I'll circulate a design proposal within in a few weeks (pending work comitments) to get feedback.

Cheers,

J-M

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Hi jperraud,

You are now a member of R.NET project. I'm looking forward to your work.

Thanks,

Kosei