This project is read-only.

Failed to use sn library on Windows 8.1 (C#, VS2010 and .NET Frame 4)

Mar 28, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Hi J-M,

With your help, I'm able to use sn library in my application and it works well on Windows 7. When I try to port my application from Windows 7 to 8.1, my application failed and ParseException occurred at:
engine.Evaluate("library(sn)");
Error said "Error in the application". The setup for the R, R.NET, and sn are identical ob both OSs.

Could you please shed some light on what's wrong here?

Thanks,

Howard
Mar 29, 2014 at 1:44 PM
I cannot; I do not intuit anything obvious that could be the issue, and I do not have access to other boxes than Windows 7. If you are comfortable enough with starting from the latest source code (on the branch with my username) to compile RDotNet.dll , you probably would get a more informative error message, if the issue persist.
Mar 31, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Could you please advice me on how to get the latest source code on the branch with your username in detail?
Apr 1, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Going to the source tab, switching the "browsing changes in" to the branch of interest, then clicking 'Download' would give you a zip of the code on that branch.

More involved, the recently added document how to contribute to R.NET contains information on how to access a branch, with details on how to do this from a particular Mercurial client application.