Convert a datagridview content to dataframe?

Sep 5, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Hi there
I am using RDotNet via VB.NET.
How can i convert a datagridview content to dataframe?
I tried via this code:
dataframe2=datagridview2.datasource
but it dosent work.
If it is possible,any changes on datagridview would be writable on file easily.
Thanks
Sep 14, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Edited Sep 14, 2014 at 1:38 PM
I don't think this is possible. It would be an interesting feature if you wanted to hack it together.
Sep 15, 2014 at 7:09 AM
Yes,it would be usefull if possible.
I think the main issue is about converting between DATASET,DATAFRAME and DATAGRIDVIEW.
Maybe our expectations is beyond the speed of R Development trend :)
Developer
Sep 15, 2014 at 7:49 AM
DataFrame and DataSource (or similar ADO.NET constructs) are indeed of completely different types, so a direct assignment would not work (in fact not compile, I hope). Explicit conversion ("cast", operator= overload) would require to be very sure of the behavior in all cases. I suspect there are many cases where users would expect different behaviors. So, aside from being quite a bit of work, I am not convinced the desirable conversion behavior can be clearly defined such that R.NET can offer a reliable "black box" implementation of the conversion. Some helper functions for part of the conversion to data frames may be provided, but this will depend on contributors...
Sep 16, 2014 at 1:04 PM
You are right jperraud.
So what about this process:
1- Reading datasource of a DATAGRIDVIEW via loop (like FOR which I did it...)
2- Fill an ARRYLIST(a VB.NET Object) by the data read in step1(Indeed I did it...)
3- Convert this ARRYLIST to a NUMERICVECTOR(or other structures) via CREATENUMERICVECTOR command.(I couldn't carry out...)
4-Convert this object to a DATAFRAME which seems is the easiest step.
Please let me khow yor solution about step3 and/or other suggestions.