RDotNet.Graphics - Nuget Package??

Oct 13, 2014 at 1:15 PM
I am using Nuget to get the latest release of the R.NET libraries, 1.5.16, but I don't see the RDotNet.Graphics assemply out there and it doesn't seem to come down with the RDotNet assembly. Am I missing something? Is this available via NuGet?

Thanks,

Scott
Developer
Oct 13, 2014 at 9:20 PM
There is one, but it it is put there as a pre-release:
R.NET.Graphics

I intuit you are using the visual studio extensions; there is a setting to switch between "Stable Only" and "Include Prerelease" packages on the form, when searching nuget repos.
Oct 14, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Edited Oct 14, 2014 at 7:36 PM
You are correct, I wasn't looking for the Pre-Release versions. Also, inside the project that I am currently working on, ALL assemblies are strongly named, thus making using any assembly that isn't strongly named impossible (well not impossible, but very difficult). Are there any plans to release a version on Nuget that is strongly named?

Thanks,

sehunley

p.s. thanks for the assistance with the previous question.
Developer
Oct 14, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Hi,

I was not planning to release strongly named versions, but keen to see whether there is a way to address your needs.

Two and a half reasons why I did not release strongly named builds:
  • This is causing difficulties for the RProvider for F#
  • I do not have the private key to sign with the same signature as releases prior to and up to 1.5.5
  • I would not rate my understanding and know-how as high on that front...
If you have suggestions as to how a working arrangement can be put in place around these, glad to help.
Oct 14, 2014 at 10:48 PM
I would suggest not bothering with strong names and letting each organization handle that independently from source, or via something that does IL magic like the assembly strong naming toolkit 'https://www.nuget.org/packages/Nivot.StrongNaming/'.