RE: New to R

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:47 AM

Hello

You’ve helped before and perhaps you can help again if it’s simple and not too time consuming for you.

I am running C# that’s packaged under another product (Fidelity’s Wealth-lab) and my connection to R seems to have broken. I thought I would get the latest RdotNet from the web but see it’s now only available via Nuget which I downloaded. I’ve retrieved it but can’t seem to see where the .dll file is located so I can tell the Fidelity product where it is. It seems to be only accessible via Visual Studio. Searching my pc didn’t seem to work.

Sorry if this is another dumb question

Regards

Steve

Developer
Dec 22, 2014 at 6:06 AM
Not knowing anything about Wealth-lab's features and what this means to package your custom code with it, it is hard to answer.

It should be pretty straightforward to find the appropriate binaries. Here are a few pointers
  • nuget packages are basically zip files with versioning metadata.
  • nuget packages get unzipped next to the visual studio solution file, under a 'package' folder.
    -- for example using the sample code from an onboarding guide , one would get R.NET dependencies /rdotnet-onboarding/packages/R.NET.1.5.19/lib /net40
  • If you compile a library that depends on the nuget package R.NET.Community, you would get the dependencies (R.NET and DynamicInterop at the time of writing) alongside the project output, e.g. under ./rdotnet-onboarding/Tutorial1/bin/Debug
Hope this helps
Dec 22, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Got them.

Thanks, I hope it solves the problem.

Best regards

Steve

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Hello Jean-Michel

Thank you so much for your help. I needed to also get the DynamicInterop dll as well.

Everything works great now

Regards

Steve

p.s. If you find yourself in the Boston area, lunch/coffee is on me!